Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Consider the Carrot

Yesterday, my wife told me the pack of carrots she took for lunch had a weird white coating and smelled funny. She tasted one and said they tasted sour and threw them out. Today, I examined my carrots carefully. They looked and smelled like normal, so I went ahead and ate them. I think they tasted okay.

But that's the thing- I only think they tasted okay. The whole time I was eating them I couldn't convince myself that the orange sticks I was shoving in my mouth were normal. I couldn't for the life of me remember what carrots were supposed to taste like. This happens a lot. I want to see if the milk is still good, but damned if I know what "normal" milk taste is. Weird.

1 comment:

  1. After reading about the produce that have the most unhealthy levels of pesticide, I think the fruits and vegetables I buy are going to taste weird. Processed foods for the win?

    ReplyDelete