Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Too Many Cooks

So, as you can see, I wasted no time in getting a new set of pots and pans. I wasn't in any real rush, but I got way too good of a deal on this set on a closeout at Macys.com and couldn't resist. It was already almost 70% marked down from original price, plus they were offering an additional 20% off of the closeout price. I think it's because Cuisinart updated this set to include a lid for the fry pan and take away the steamer insert. I'd rather have the steamer insert, anyway. Unfortunately, due to the way my menu for the week is planned, I won't really get to play with my new toys until Friday.

Amazingly, I ordered this set on Sunday, paid for the cheapest shipping available and it got here yesterday. This is just one of the perks of living in Los Angeles. So many companies have shipping centers here that orders arrive way ahead of schedule (though, unfortunately, I have not found this to be the case with Amazon). Last week I ordered a pair of bluetooth headphones for my iPhone on a Tuesday morning and they came on Wednesday with basic shipping. If I order cables from monoprice.com, they almost always arrive next day. Now if only Apple would start building their computers here instead of in Hong Kong...

Now, to play a bit of catch up, I am sad to report that my meeting with agency went well, but not well enough. I'm back to square one on that front. Chin up, keep writing, and all that.

Also, I'm not sure if you may have heard this, but apparently Michael Jackson died last week. At first, I traded tasteless jokes with friends (my normal response to almost everything), but after thinking about his childhood and the life he led, it made me said. Not said that he died, but sad about the way he lived. I think Mike put it best - The guy was a musical genius, but like many geniuses, he went totally insane. I enjoyed watching all of his classic videos on VH1 this weekend and remembering the music I loved. But, in a sense, the Michael Jackson I loved died somewhere around 1995, so the memorials just feel redundant somehow. Still, maybe no jokes right now.

Cheers,
Eli

...Ok, one joke. In the Tonight Show-style: "Michael Jackson died last week after suffering a heart attack. As a response, Weird Al Yankovic died after suffering a grilled cheese sandwich attack." Not great, but the concept makes me giggle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your meeting. I am a fan of your blog and enjoy your writing. I don't believe this will be your last meeting, only your first.

    As for the pots and pans, I have been lurking....waiting to see which ones you would choose because I would love some new cookware.

    So when's the maiden meal-voyage?

    ReplyDelete