Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Job Hates Disneyland

So, I'm pretty sure that either God hates my job, or my job hates Disneyland. It's one of the two, and it's starting to piss me off.

Last month, I had planned to take a Friday off to take my parents to Disneyland while they were in town. I gave my boss a full month's notice and we had a temp all set to come in. Then, the day before the trip, he tells me he wants me to come in for half the day because he doesn't trust the temp (who he has never met) to do anything right. Thankfully, I managed to persuade him that everything would be fine, and he let me go (albeit grudgingly).

Now, I have a trip scheduled with a couple of friends on the 20th, and suddenly I'm told that that's the day we'll be moving to the new office and that I have to be there to help. It doesn't seem to matter that I already have plans, as apparently it's perfectly natural to expect me to drop everything and do manual labor on a Saturday. The date is still tentative, so there's still hope. But what's the deal? Can't I just enjoy my days off at Disneyland?

p.s.- I would have included a picture, but my computer's moving ridiculously slowly today. Sorry, the visual feast continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment