Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The White House is Burning

Seeing a lot on the news this morning about the Eisenhower Building, which houses many executive government offices, being on fire. The fire apparently is near the Vice President's "ceremonial" office. What??? The Vice President has a "ceremonial" office? What's it for? Can he draft legislation in there and later say it doesn't count, like the ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game? Or is this the chamber where he gets his life support mask robotically attached and the Imperial Guard kneels before him, like Vader in Empire. Seems kinda suspicious. Of course, all of the media was quick to point out that the Vice President was in his working office in the West Wing at the time of the fire. Thank god. Don't get me wrong, I'm mostly thankful that the VP wasn't hurt, but if he's spending more time in his ceremonial office than his real office, we have even more of a problem than I thought.

Speaking of the problems with the current administration, I'm sure that when a lot of people saw the imagery of the smoke pouring from a government building, the first thought was, "Terrorists!" Is it bad that my first thought was, "What documents is Cheney burning this time?" Congratulations, Bush Administration, it appears that I'm more scared of you than I am of the terrorists.

No comments:

Post a Comment