Thursday, November 1, 2007

Swag!

When I came to work today, I found this little fella sitting on my desk:

Now, I like the Red Sox just fine. As a Cubs fan, I always commiserated with them (at least until 2004...now I don't know how to deal with them). Plus, Boston always seemed like a cool place and anyone who hates the Yankees gets extra points in my book. But, I probably never would have bought Red Sox championship gear. Really, I find all championship gear a little silly. Next year, you'll just look like a jerk if you go around wearing it all the time. We get it. Your team won LAST YEAR (I'm talking to you, Cardinals fans). But I digress...

As I said, I would never buy this kind of thing. But to have it given to you...sweet! Free stuff is always good. Just one of the perks of working for the owner of the team that wins the World Series. It would take me two hours to earn what this hat costs, so it's like I worked a little more overtime this week almost...if I had been intending to buy a hat in the first place. Still, swag rules. Working for this company has provided me with some great stuff in just over a year (free hat, free meals, new digital camera). Everything is sweeter when someone else gives it to you. Yes, that's an exceptionally greedy thing to say, and no I don't feel guilty right now. Feel free to shame me later.

Cheers,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment