Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm a dork

So, MTV posted this picture from the new Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. First, let me just say that Harrison Ford looks pretty damn good for his age. I was half expecting pictures from this movie to come out and look like my grandpa in a fedora and leather jacket. Nope. He still looks like Indiana Jones, just a little more grizzled. Very promising.

What's more important in this picture is the location. Indy appears to be in the government warehouse from the end of Raiders. Is he looking for the Ark? Has this Crystal Skull been handled by "top men?" (Who? Top...men). Seriously, just the prospect of what this could mean is exciting to me because I'm such a dork. And no one had to explain this picture to me. I saw Indy on the crates and I knew the implications. It made me pee a little. I'm just stupidly giddy.

Now, the title of the movie is a little awkward. I kinda like it, but it's not the best title I've ever heard. Of course, the new James Bond movie is called Quantum of Solace, so I guess it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Cheers,
Eli

1 comment:

  1. Quantum of Solace actually is a Bond title - it's the title of a really dull short story from a collection of Bond stories Fleming wrote. In the story, Bond just sits around at a boring dinner party listening to someone else tell a story about lost love or something. I'm assuming they've taken some liberties with the plot.

    ReplyDelete