Monday, October 1, 2007

Go Cubs Go!



Ok, the weekend went the way I wanted it to (heck, everything was over by Friday for me), so I can safely discuss it now-

The Cubs are the National League Central Division Champions of 2007!

For a team that started out awful, this is a big deal. They were 22-30 on June 1st, when Carlos Zambrano decided to re-enact Mike Tyson's Punch Out with Michael Barrett as Little Mac. The next day, Lou Piniella exploded and everything turned around. Since that time they've been an impressive 63-46, which, I believe, is the best in the National League. It's been a wild ride. Seeing Aramis Ramirez's walk-off home run on July 1st to beat the Brewers and get the team back to .500 still gives me chills.

How about we make this the year Cubbies?

I'm so excited, I'm posting an extra picture. It's a compilation I did of my favorite moment from the season premiere of The Simpsons. Hopefully Fox won't sue me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment