Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why Must You Turn My Office Into a House of LIES?!


Ok, so it's Dentist!Part 2: Electric Boogaloo today. Since none of my five readers "got" the last reference, I made today's headline a little less obscure...If you're from my generation. Just so you all know, the previous "Is it safe?" title comes from the Dustin Hoffman/Laurence Olivier movie "Marathon Man." Olivier plays an old Nazi who tortures Hoffman's character. At one point, he performs dental surgery on Hoffman without any painkillers. In a different scene, he isolates Hoffman in a dark room and repeats "Is it safe?", driving him mad. So, yeah, you had to work for that one.
So, today's dental appointment was pretty much just like the last one, except they used WAY more Novocaine this time (the spell checker on this computer won't take away the red squiggly line unless I capitalize Novocaine, so I will). I don't know that it's possible, really, but somehow I was more numb. The left side of my face was just plain dead until about 12:30. I felt like the Elephant Man. In fact, if I closed the working side of my mouth and said "I am not an animal! I'm a human being!", it was a pretty good impression. Made my boss laugh. I also have a slight cold right now, so that just added to my suffering. You have no idea how hard it is to clear your throat when you can't even feel have of your mouth.
That's about all for me today. But one more thing- Lindsay Lohan, what the hell? You're a pretty talented actress and you had the potential to be SO hot. What the hell? It doesn't matter if the coke's not yours, you're still not allowed to have it. Do the time, and pull yourself together. HAVE SOME DIGNITY! What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment