Friday, May 16, 2008

100 Posts!


This is my 100th post, apparently! Hooray! Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday, but something was wonky with Blogger or my internet or something. No matter, I can't say you missed much.

I've decided once again to try and teach myself some computer animation in my spare time. This mostly involves a hobby project that I'm not ready to tell you about yet, but with my unnatural obsession with cartoons I figure it's a good thing to know how to do. So, I dusted up the old copy of Flash and downloaded a fresh version of Blender for my Mac and set out to find some tutorials. After one day's work, I can successfully open and close both programs and have the basic interface figured out. With complicated software like this, that's a surprisingly big step. I'll start posting some stuff here once I figure out how to do more stuff.

On a quirky note, go check out the Something Store. Basically, you give them $10 and they send you...something. As far as I can tell, it's not like Let's Make a Deal in that I don't think there are any donkeys or piles of bricks. But, what you get is completely random. I'm totally going to try this. I think there's a way to have fun with this as part of a white elephant exchange or something, but I haven't quite figured out how yet. By the way, if anyone wants to buy me something, feel free!

All right, everyone, have a good weekend!

Cheers,
Eli

NYT- 11:43 (one of my fastest Fridays)
CS- 8:44
LAT- 13:13
NYS- 21:42

No comments:

Post a Comment