Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana Jones and the ZZZzzzz....

Before I get into this, I don't want anyone to read that title thinking I was bored by the new Indiana Jones movie. Far from it. But, I went to a midnight screening last night and that makes for a very tired work day the next day.

I won't give any spoilers except to say that I really enjoyed the movie. The action is great and there's a lot of chemistry between the cast members. Shia LeBeouf, who had me worried when I first heard he was in the movie) actually gave a very nice performance and he and Harrison Ford had an easy rapport that was fun to watch. And it was a delight seeing Karen Allen again.

Yes, there is some silly stuff in there that some people will say doesn't feel like an Indiana Jones movie. Maybe I'll go into more detail on this subject in a couple of weeks, but suffice it to say that it wasn't any more far fetched than an ark full of Nazi-melting ghosts or a series of grails that grants eternal life or instantly kills those who choose poorly.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a hell of a lot of fun, and I'm even considering seeing it in the theaters again, something I almost never do. Is it as good as Raiders? Of course not. Raiders is a nearly perfect movie. But I would say it's on par with Last Crusade or Temple of Doom (probably just a hair behind Last Crusade and just a hair ahead of Temple).

I was worried that wearing the Raiders shirt that Melissa bought me at Disneyland would be too nerdy, but it actually made me one of the least nerdy people there. At least I wasn't wearing the hat and jacket.

Cheers,
Eli

NYT- 9:58
CS- 7:27
LAT- 7:41
NYS- 13:21

No comments:

Post a Comment